A COMPLETE GUIDE
TREATMENT PLAN FOR INSOMNIA
A lot of people unfortunately suffer with Insomnia the horrible illness that does not allow an individual to have a good sleep through the night, or to fall asleep. This occurs to a lot of people that are experiencing health issues, stress/anxiety/depression or spiritual afflictions such as with jinn/magic/evil eye and so on and so forth. Here is a list of things you must do continuously in order to help regulate your sleeping patterns. Note: I do not recommend sleeping pills what so ever. Here is a natural and the correct guides for someone that is suffering with Insomnia in order for them to achieve a long term healthy sleeping pattern.
INSOMINIA GUIDE :
1. Be active during the day. This is very important, you must be busy especially if you have an over active mind.
2. Have your last meal 3 hours before bed time.
3. Take some time for silence and reflection before bed.
4. You must be praying 5 times a day.
5. Start fasting the sunnah days.
6. Stay away from caffeine & sugars! eg coffees! A couple hours before bed. (Try to stop it all together)
7. Have herbal tea before bed.
8. Turn off all your screens at least an hour before bed.
9. Start going to the gym or work out at home for 20 minutes 2 hours before bed.
10. If you cannot sleep from an over active mind- Talk to someone, Note it down on a diary and talk to Allah swt in your sujuud!
11. Have a warm bath an hour before bed, OR/AND Have your ruqya baths as it will be more effective. (Check out treatment plans for further information)
12. Pray your Isha prayer and sunnah prayers with full concentration and use this time to relax your mind/soul and body to leave all your worries and pain with Allah swt. Just imagine all your pain flying up into the air and Allah swt taking care of it all. You TRUSTING Allah swt and leave ALL your worries and anxieties to him before you go to bed.
13. Smile before you sleep and say “Alhamdulilah” EVEN if you are feeling the worst. Smiling is medicine.
14. Sleep on your right side.
15. Read a couple pages of Quran before bed.
16. Recite the duahs before bed time. I will post some duahs in the end of this InshAllah.
17. SLEEP WITH WUDUH. Make wuduh right before bed.
18. USE YOUR RECITED OLIVE OIL RIGHT BEFORE BED. This has helped a lot of people! And while you are rubbing the recited oil onto your body recite AYAHT KURSI, AL IKHLAS, AL NAS AND AL FALAQ. (Focus mainly on your forehead, rub through your hair a bit, around the ears and neck.)
19. Have the room temperature comfortable and right for you.
20. Play Quran on earphones (on low) while you are in bed until you fall asleep OR play Quran on a cd player in the room during the night.
21. Do Ruqya during the day, or do ruqya with a professional Raqi/sheikh.
22. Book an appointment for Hijama YOU MUST DO HIJAMA and let the therapist know your insomnia problem.
23. Drink your recited water/zam-zam water during the day and make lots of duah.
24. Increase your remembrance of Allah during the day
25. Do good things before bed, go to lectures or even the mosque and reflect there for a couple hours!!!
26. Always go to bed with a clean heart, so forgive who ever has hurt you or apologies if you are in the wrong.
27. Do a blood test! Check your full blood account levels, your vitamins, magnesium levels etc. If you are low on anything make sure you are taking your supplements.
28. Start taking the herb: “VALERIAN” this has been used for centuries.
29. Start seeing a naturopath so they can also prescribe you good herbal medications.
30. Cup your palms together, and recite Ayaht kursi, Al Ikhlas, Al Nas, Al Falaq x3, Then pass your hands over as much of your body as you can reach, beginning with the head and the face, then the entire front of your body. Do this 3 times. (Do this after you rubbed the oil on your body mentioned above).
I promise you InshAllah that you will find your sleeping patterns IMPROVE dramatically if you follow every single step of this guide. Keep this continuous. Do not just do it for a couple days and expect results. Put your trust in Allah swt and make lots of duah. You will inshallah start to sleep much better!
-Sleeping Ruqya Audio to listen to:
(FORWARD TO 3 MINUTES TO LISTEN TO RECITATION STRAIGHT AWAY):::: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz8lAv1NahI
DUAHS YOU CAN RECITE BEFORE BED:
105. “Bismika Allaahumma ‘amootu wa ‘ahyaa.”
In Your Name , O Allah , I die and I live.
Reference: Here, dying and living are metaphors for sleep and wakefulness. This explains why the normal order of these words has been reversed in this Hadith. In other contexts the living is mentioned before dying. See Qur’an Al-Baqarah 2:258, Aal-‘Imrdn 3:156, Al-A’raf 7:158 among many other examples, (trans.). See also Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/113, Muslim 4/ 2083.
100. Allaahu laa ‘ilaaha ‘illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoom, laa ta’khuthuhu sinatun wa laa nawm, lahu maa fis-samaawaati wa maa fil-‘ardh, man thal-lathee yashfa’u ‘indahu ‘illaa bi’ithnihi, ya’lamu maa bayna ‘aydeehim wa maa khalfahum, wa laa yuheetoona bishay’im-min ‘ilmihi ‘illaa bimaa shaa’a, wasi’a kursiyyuhus-samaawaati wal’ardha, wa laa ya’ooduhu hifdhuhumaa, wa Huwal- ‘Aliyyul- ‘Adheem.
Allah! There is no God but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never encompass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
Reference: Al-Baqarah 2:255. Whoever reads this when he lies down to sleep will have a guardian from Allah remain with him and Satan will not be able to come near him until he rises in the morning. See Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 4/487.
103. Allaahwmma ‘innaka khalaqta nafsee wa ‘Anta tawaffaahaa, laka mamaatuhaa wa mahyaahaa, ‘in ‘ahyaytahaa fahfadhhaa, wa ‘in ‘amattahaa faghfir lahaa . Allaahumma ‘innee ‘as’alukal-‘aafiyata.
O Allah, You have created my soul and You take it back. Unto You is its death and its life . If You give it life then protect it , and if You cause it to die then forgive it. O Allah, I ask You for strength.
Reference: Muslim 4/2083 and Ahmad 2/79.
104. Allaahumma qinee ‘athaabaka yawma tab’athu ‘ibaadaka.
O Allah,1 save me from Your punishment on the Day that You resurrect Your slaves. (Recite three times in Arabic .)
1 “When the Prophet (SAW) wanted to lie down to sleep, he used to place his right hand under his cheek and say…”
2 Abu Dawud 4/311. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/143.
Source: The Facebook page called: Help Your Mind